Sunday, September 2, 2012

There is Cure to Leg Cramps

Perhaps the most unexpected and memorable cure to pain during pregnancy for me was a cure against leg cramps.

At about 6th moth into pregnancy I started to get extremely painful leg cramps. I would wake up in the middle of the night literally paralyzed from pain in my calves. My husband would try to massage, I tried to pull the feet towards, walk etc. I found all kind of advises like eating banana before going to sleep or drinking water. Nothing helped. Basically I had to wait it out and of course, after 20 minutes of dealing with this my sleep and sleep of my husband was interrupted.

So I went online looking for a cure. After a few minutes of search I found a cure - soap! Believe it or not it worked for me. Put a bar of soap under the sheet around your feet and when you have cramps touch the soap with your feet and pain will be gone immediately. Many times I would wake up from pain, and as you know it cramps they come gradually. First you feel some pain, but if you don't do anything it will escalate to a very sharp pitch. So, I would wake up feeling a pain wave and once touching the soap the pain would retract without ever making it to the worst part. Many times I would be so dilusinal, thinking, it can't be true. But trust me, when you have pain like that, even if you don't believe it, you would at least try.

Touch the soap and pain gone. Every single time! I asked my doctor about it and she said that other patients told her that soap worked. So, I thought, I got to find out why soap helps with cramps. No matter how hard I looked there was nothing so far to explain the phenomenon scientifically. I personally think it has something to do with magnetic waves. Every matter has it's own magnetic field and soap perhaps has something that interrupts cramps. In fact I did not find a scientific explanation why cramps are so common for pregnant women. Everybody has them from now and then, some people more often than others, but there is no real cause for it. My doctor confirmed that soap worked for other pregnant women and she does not know why. There is a cure and for now, that will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment